Saturday 3 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Sixty-Seven

“And the Star made the connection?”  Wendy asked.

Martin shook his head. “It was very much a fluff piece about how this small place with a low crime rate had a costumed defender who seems to have real powers. It didn't even mention the avalanche let alone the mist. But like I said I recognised the name of the place so I poked around and discovered that it was the same place. She definitely exists, she even has her own Facebook page though she doesn't mention having real powers on it.”

“So the only question is if she has real powers or the Star was embroidering the story to entertain its readers?” Wendy said. “What do you think?”

“My gut says she's got real powers,” Martin said. “Once we're back online I'm going to search the tabloids correlating stories that might be about people like Sienna with magenta mist incidents. That should help clarify things.” He grabbed some paper from the printer. “I managed to print the article about Cornucopia before I had to disconnect.”

“Her costume is absolutely awful.” Lucy was staring at the artists impression and blurry photographs accompanying the article. “She's actually doing the dress like an acrobat thing.”

“It looks easy to move in,” Wendy said.

“Oh it would be,” Lucy said. “But it's so ugly and less than practical. Where do you put your stuff when wearing skintight spandex.” She shook her head. “And that colour scheme and styling… is she trying to look like a DC supervillian?”

2 comments:

  1. A slight continuity issue. In this page you refer to The Star, in the previous page you refer to the National Inquirer. It does not ruin the story for me, I just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the comment and thanks for eading. :)

    I'll fix the continuity glitch. This is what happens when I change my mind after I've written stuff. I forget to edit some parts.

    ReplyDelete