Monday 12 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Seventy-Five

"You want me to hit you?" Martin tilted his head at her. "I do Mixed Martial Arts you know. Are you sure?"

"Yeah," Sienna said. "It's the only way I can think of to test it. Just be careful with the force. I'd rather neither of us be hurt."

"I will be." He punched her arm. Sienna wasn't much of a judge but it certainly didn't look like a strong punch, more like a friendly punch someone might aim at a friend's shoulder. However hard it was she felt nothing.

"Ow!" Martin rubbed at his hand. "That was like hitting a rock. I'm glad I didn't hit you any harder." He eyed her speculatively. "I think this is a manifestation of your psychokinesis as well. It's some sort of a shield that is right next to your skin."

"Can I turn it off?" Sienna asked. "This could be really awkward when I need a hair cut or if I ever have to have surgery."

"We'll look into that." Martin looked down at his hand. "But carefully."

"Why didn't the balls bounce." Lucy asked. "I mean they just stopped dead."

"It made my entire arm vibrate when I punched her," Martin said. "I think this shield is somehow reflecting the kinetic energy of whatever hits it back into the object. That's why the balls were damaged."

"I'm glad you didn't hit me harder then." Sienna frowned at the bruise starting to appear on his knuckles. "It could have broken your hand."

"Or worse," he agreed. "We'll figure it out. I just wish we could figure out a way to test the upper ranges of it safely."

No comments:

Post a Comment