Friday 23 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Eighty-Seven

Charlotte looked at her feet and nodded. "We are," she said. "I'm still a bit scared, but you're a friend. I have to trust you, and you were only trying to help Lucy when you pushed me."

"Thank you," Sienna said.

"How's your practice going?" she asked then yelped in surprise as Sienna psychokinetically lifted several stuffed toys from her dresser and sent them into orbit around Charlotte's head. "Woah, that's actually cool!" She seemed to have relaxed now she knew they would try and help Ryan. "And it doesn't get away from you at all?"

"No," Sienna said. "Not even when I witnessed that shooting." She shuddered at the memory.

"I heard about that," Charlotte said. "And I'm sure those guys are still out there. I hope someone stops them."

"I'm sure they are too." Sienna asked. "Has Wendy told you her plans?"

"No," Charlotte said. "But she's been dropping hints, and knowing Wendy's taste in movies I think it involves putting you in a ridiculous outfit and sending you out to be a superhero."

"I'm that transparent?" Wendy asked. "I thought I was being subtle."

"There's nothing ridiculous about the outfit," Lucy said simultaneously. "I don't design ridiculous things."

Charlotte snorted. "I might have known she'd rope you into it too. It's a good job she's not the one with powers or she'd already be on the streets trying to stop those men. But seriously, Sienna, I'm not sure you should be going--" She broke off as Lucy and Sienna began laughing. "What?"

No comments:

Post a Comment