Sunday 25 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Eighty-Nine

"Hey, girls!" Margaret popped her head around the doot and smiled at them. "Just wanted to check who's staying tonight."

"Not me," Wendy said. "I'll stay for dinner if that's alright but then Martin's coming to walk me home. We're still trying to stop mum letting Keith back in. He's constantly coming around and begging and she's wavering."

"Would you like me to talk to Helen?" Margaret asked. "And why don't you invite Martin to join us for dinner? I'm sure Sienna would like that."

Sienna groaned at her mother's cackhanded attempts at matchmaking then stared at Wendy as she nodded.

"That's a good idea," she said. "I'll call him and see if he's free."

"Okay," Margaret said. "Tell him I'm going to aim to have dinner ready for seven. I'm going to be doing some weeding first. Do you need anything first?"

Sienna shook her head. "No thanks, mum. Where's dad?"

"In the lounge watching the news," she said. "They still haven't caught those men and its been weeks."

"At least no one has been murdered this week," Wendy said. "Have they?"

"No," Margaret said. "Thank goodness. See you later."

After she'd gone Sienna turned and threw a pillow at Wendy. "Why did you say yes! She's trying to set me up with him you know?"

Wendy laughed. "I know, and your not interested, but it's a good idea for him to be here. That way he can talk to Charlotte instead of me acting as a go between. Less chance for confusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment