Wednesday 21 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Eighty-Four

"Okay." Wendy pulled her phone out. "We'll try. Can you bluetooth me that video, please?"

Charlotte hesitated visibly. "You won't put it on Youtube will you? I don't want those men with guns finding him."

"Of course not!" Wendy said. "How can you think that! I want to show it to Martin later. He's been helping Sienna get a handle on her powers and might have some thoughts."

"Oh, yes!" Charlotte looked over at Sienna as she held her phone up to Wendy's to transfer the video. "Can you help him get control? Wendy says you're doing very well."

"I'll try," Sienna said. "But I was never that out of control?" She chewed on her lip. "If he's receiving a bunch of telepathic noise could that be why?"

"It's a reasonable hypothesis anyway," Wendy said. "He never had a temper like that before, and he's just a kid. How old is he anyway?"

"Fifteen," Charlotte said. "Though he's so short he looks about twelve, and no, he's always been the quiet and practical one."

"Can he project thoughts as well as hear them?" Lucy asked.

Charlotte shook her head. "Not as far as I can tell, but he can hear what everyone is thinking - which is creepy - and he's constantly complaining that his head hurts."

"And he can't stop," Sienna said. "I'm really glad that Martin is wrong about me being a receiving telepath." She frowned thoughtfully. "My head was hurting just before I threw that guy. It stopped as soon as I did. I wonder if there's a connection?"

No comments:

Post a Comment