Wednesday 7 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Seventy-One

“Yes, I'm thinking about a solution for that issue as well,” Martin said. “But for now this is what we've got. Shall we adjourn to the gym and try it.”

“You have a gym down here as well?”  Lucy asked incredulously.

“We have a third room with some weights and an exercise bike we've scavenged and fixed so we didn't have to buy it,” Wendy said. “But it's hyperbole to call it a gym.”

Lucy's eyes lit up. “I want to see. Improving a gym set up is something else I can help with.”

“Okay, it's not like we can buy more equipment,” Wendy said. “We don't want to do anything that might look like we're training in case it attracts attention.”

“Aren't you forgetting something?” Lucy's lips twitched. When Wendy just looked at her blankly she actually chuckled. “Athlete training for the national trials remember – once my lungs get better anyway. No one will bat an eyelid if I buy fitness stuff. Heck I have some old stuff in the attic that I can probably give you if you need it. You may not need as much as you think.”

“Oh!” Wendy said. “I never thought of that. Come on then.” She headed back to the second room and pulled aside another wall hanging to reveal a third room.

Lucy paused in the doorway checking the wall and the doorframe. “Okay, this looks sturdy. You could easily put a pull-up bar here. That would be a good start.” She surveyed the room. “Okay so you have an exercise bike and some free weights. This is pretty good. I'll bring you books on bodyweight exercise and suggested  plans over next time. For now shouldn't you be trying to shoot Sienna?”

No comments:

Post a Comment