Saturday 24 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Eighty-Eight

"You think a little something like not having powers would stop Wendy?" Sienna asked.

Charlotte turned and looked at Wendy curiously. "What did you do? I mean you've obviously done something to make Lu and Sienna laugh like that."

Wendy smirked. "I've been working on a suit of power armor," she said. "It's nearly done. You'll see it when you bring Ryan over."

"It's made from junk and pretty damn neat," Lucy said. "Though it needs painting. We're working together to design a jumpsuit to go underneath it that will have monitoring stuff built in."

"Power armor?" Charlotte shook her head in disbelief. "From junk? And it actually works?"

"She says it does," Sienna said. "But I haven't actually seen her using it yet."

"I'll show you next time," Wendy said. "Martin has finally got the last software glitch ironed out and I've tweaked the things I needed to, so we're ready to do some more testing." Her lips twitched. "I can't wait to show you my deadlift."

"If it's got electrics then I'm not sure using it around Ryan is a good idea at the moment," Charlotte said. "But building a power suit... only you could think this is a good idea, Wendy."

"Yes, keeping him away from it may be wise," Wendy said. "Except if electrokinetics can mess with it I want to know and it's better to find out now than later."

"Electrokinetic?" Charlotte said. "Yes, I guess that fits what Ryan can do--" She stopped as she heard the front door slam. "Sounds like you parents are back. We'd better shut up now."

No comments:

Post a Comment