Friday 9 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Seventy-Three

Much to Sienna's delight she managed to stop all the tennis balls before they hit her. It was only the second time that she had managed that. Once Martin called a halt she gathered up the balls with her psychokinesis and floated them to the table next to Wendy before turning back to Martin who was grinning. “That went well--” She broke off as she felt a gentle breeze ruffle her hair when there was no wind in here. A split second later there was a dull thwap as something dropped to the floor.  Sienna turned and looked down to see the deformed remains of a tennis ball lying there. It looked like it had been squashed until it gave. She looked up at Wendy who was staring at it open mouthed. “What just happened?”

“I don't know,” Wendy said. “I wanted to see if I could sneak at least one past you but… well… did it even hit you?”

“I don't think so. It might have touched my hair.” Sienna picked up the remains of the ball and examined them. “Well this is new. It got closer than the ones I stop consciously but I've never stopped one unconsciously before and stopping them doesn't destroy them.”

“I'd guess pelting you with tennis balls every day has extended your ability.” Martin said. “Do you mind if we throw a couple more and you not try to stop them so we can test this?”

“I think we'd better. I want to know what's going on,” Sienna said.

No comments:

Post a Comment