Monday 5 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Sixty-Nine

Martin hummed thoughtfully to himself. “Tomorrow at the earliest. I need to check the computer for any kind of malware that might have infected us and passed on the information they needed to locate us. Then I need to get a new dongle or two cash.”

“Leave that bit to me,” Wendy said. “This month's stipend from the trust fund just hit so I'm flush. For now we should get on with Sienna's training.”

“That's a good idea.” Martin said and reached under the desk. Sienna expected him to bring up the tennis balls they had been throwing at her in order to train her to shield but instead he produced a nerf gun and tossed it to Wendy. “Use that.”

Wendy looked from the lurid orange toy to Martin and back again before raising an eyebrow. “What do you want me to do with this?”

Martin chuckled. “Well we can't shoot a real gun at her. We don't have one and can't get one and anyway I'm not convinced her psychokinesis will stop a bullet. Not yet at least though her strength is increasing quickly.”

“So this is a stand in for a real gun?” Wendy still looked as confused as Sienna felt. “But since she probably can't stop bullets what do you want me to do with it?”

“I want you to try and shoot her with it and I want Sienna to stop you firing it,” he said. “Even if it turns out she can stop bullets it's still safer not to have them flying around in the first place.”

No comments:

Post a Comment