Tuesday 6 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Seventy

“Okay, that makes sense,” Wendy said. “But it doesn't work much like a real gun either.”

“Yes, I'm working on that bit,” he said. “But the main idea with this is to stop Sienna freezing if someone points a gun at her. She needs to react faster than they can pull the trigger because I really doubt she's faster than a bullet unless she can wangle superspeed out of her psychokinesis somehow but she can probably be faster than a finger.” He paused thoughtfully. “Actually some sort of psychokinetic superspeed might be possible, let me think about it.”

“Let me get a handle on the powers I already have before trying to add more, Martin,” Sienna said dryly.  “And that thing is bright orange. I'm not going to freeze having a toy gun that shoots foam bullets pointed at me.”

“Fair comment, that's why once you've got the hang of it we'll paint it black to look more like a real gun.”

“Yes, but I'll still know it's a toy.”

“You will,” he agreed. “But the idea is to train your responses to kick in even if your brain freezes. It's more about not thinking about it being real, acting in that moment before you realise and freeze.”

“I see,” Sienna said dubiously. “I see where you are coming from but I don't think it will work.”

“It does sound a bit wacky,” Lucy said.

“I suppose it does,” Martin said. “But it can't do any harm can it?”

Sienna considered the question for a moment then shook her head. “No, the worst it will do is be a fun way to refine my powers. But we'll need something else as well – these aren't as heavy as real guns are they?”

No comments:

Post a Comment