Monday 26 September 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Ninety

Martin arrived within half-an-hour of Wendy calling him even though she'd been very cryptic over the phone. He sat on the corner of Sienna's bed and watched Charlotte's video a couple of times. Then he sat there and frowned, chewing his lip.

"You say he can hear everyone's thoughts all the time?" he said.

Charlotte nodded. "That's what he says anyway and he could certainly hear our thoughts. He reacted quite badly when Dad wondered if the voices he was hearing were real or schizophrenia. Can you help him?"

"Possibly," he said. "If I can remember what mum told me she used to do do stop herself feeling everyone in a room. I know she used to meditate but I think she did something else as well."

"I don't think he could meditate in his current state," Charlotte said. "He can barely focus and it's getting worse."

Martin flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "He needs to be somewhere with less people. He's an introvert from what I remember so if I had to guess this is overstimulating him."

"I think hearing everyone at once would overstimulate an extravert as well," Sienna said dryly.

Martin nodded solemnly. "Yes, but likely not as badly." He watched the video again. "Poor kid. Maybe I should delay getting the dongles and have you bring him over tomorrow instead of waiting."

"I can get the dongles," Wendy said. "You try and help Ryan."

"Thanks, Wendy," he said, before squeezing Charlotte's hands. "I'm not going to swear everything will be okay when I don't know for sure but I do promise to try."

No comments:

Post a Comment