Thursday 4 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Thirty-Six

Wendy nodded. “Of course I do. I know he’s Keith’s son but he’s a much better person than his father. He may only be my step-brother but I love him like a real one.”

“He has done a good a job of avoiding being like his father,” Sienna agreed. “So if we’re not going to talk about this what shall we do to take our minds off it?”

Wendy looked back at the laptop. “I guess you don’t want to watch more music videos?” she asked.

“Not really,” Sienna said. “I'm not in a music mood.”

“What about a movie then? Something with a lot of comedy and no violence? A romcom maybe?” She didn't sound very enthusiastic about that last bit.

“Meh,” Sienna said. “I can understand the lack of violence but I detest romcoms.”

“Yes, me too,” Wendy admitted after a moment. “I so much want to shake the main characters and yell 'talk to each other' in most cases.”

“Ooh I know” Sienna ran to her dvd shelf and pulled her My Neighbour Totoro DVD off it. “What about this? No romance, no violence, precious little conflict but somehow it still works as a great movie.”

Wendy took it off her and read the back. “Sure,” she said. “That looks cute. Cute is good right now.”

“Okay, just let me fire up my DVD player,” Sienna said.

They spent the rest of the evening sitting on Sienna’s bed, eating cheesecake, drinking pop and watching dvds until it was time to go to bed.

---

End of Chapter Two
If you are enjoying Tales of the First please consider leaving a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment