Thursday 25 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Fifty-Seven

 Lucy waved off her apology. “It’s not your fault,” she said. “And of course not spandex. That would look ridiculous. I’m thinking some sort tough and breathable fabric like you’d use for hiking or climbing.”

“If we could somehow get hold of any without leaving an online trail I’d suggest something stab proof,” Wendy said.

“Yeah,” Lucy said. “There’s a few good stab and slash resistant fabrics out there, but like you say they’re hard to get hold of offline. They're probably too expensive for my budget as well. A good hard use fabric will have to do. I have a few ideas.”

“I’m sure it will be fine,” Sienna said. “You always make nice clothes.” She paused then added. “Are you still going to make that dress for me?”

“Of course I am,” Lucy said. “I’ve been working on a design for you while I was in hospital. I’ll need to do a pattern fitting for both once I have drafted them. We can do the dress here but the costume…” she trailed off meaningfully.

“We’ll do that at the secret base,” Wendy said. “Hopefully you’ll be a bit better by the time the pattern done.”

“I really hope so,” Lucy said. “Now how do you intend to track down these gunman and stop them killing anyone else?”

“That’s a good question,” Sienna said. “I really have no idea.”

“Martin is working on it,” Wendy said. “But we will have to think about it and make a plan. But Sienna needs to train more first.”

---
End of Chapter Three
If you are enjoying Tales of the First please consider leaving a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment