Monday 22 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Fifty-Four

“That’s not a bad idea,” Wendy said. “Though Sienna’s figure is reasonably average.”

“Hey!” Sienna said.

“I didn’t mean that badly,” Wendy said. “I just mean it’s not distinctive enough to identify you from. Subtle changes should actually throw people.”

“Just don’t make me wear a fat suit,” Sienna said.

“No fat suits,” Lucy said. “Far too hot to run in. No high heels either.” She hummed to herself. “You need to think of a name.”

“I thought you thought this was a bad idea,” Sienna said.

“I do,” Lucy said. “But it’s also so much fun I can’t help getting into it. Now name.”

Sienna put her hand over her eyes and shook her head. “I’m surrounded by crazy people,” she muttered. “I really don’t know.”

“What about Push,” Wendy said.

“Boring,” Lucy said. “I think something like Psychic Avenger would be cool.”

“Ugh, no,” Sienna said. “That’s tacky.” She stared at the picture. “What about Sapphire?”

“It’s the wrong shade of blue,” Lucy said. “At least to what I imagine – I just used the closest pencil. I’m thinking more of an indigo colour.”

“Ooh! It's indigo and black!” Wendy said. “Indigo Shadow would be a good name.”

Sienna considered this and then nodded. “I like that. Descriptive of the costume and not tacky.”

“Indigo Shadow it is then,” Wendy said.

“And what are we going to call you?” Lucy asked. “Scrap knight? Junkyard girl?”

“I haven't decided on a name yet, but neither of those,” Wendy said.

“We'll work on it,” Lucy said. “Now what fabric should I u–” She broke off as they all heard someone coming up the stairs. Sure enough a moment later there was a knock on the door.

“Dinner's ready, girls,” Sienna’s mother said.

“We’ll be right down, mum,” Sienna said.

No comments:

Post a Comment