Wednesday 3 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Thirty-Five

“I can see that,” Sienna said. “But there is one more things that I need to tell you after mum brings the cheesecake. If I’m right it’s important.”

“Okay,” Wendy gave her a curious look.

A few minutes later Sienna’s mother returned with two plates of cheesecake and then left them on there own again. Wendy picked hers up and began playing with it with her spoon.

“So what did you want to tell me.”

Sienna took a breath and then told her about her sense that the police officer had known about her and what he had said to make her think that.

Wendy frowned deeply and began absently eating her cheesecake. “Yes,” she said after a long pause in which half the dessert disappeared. “That does sound like he knows – or at least suspects – something. I wonder ho… oh shit!”

“What’s wrong?”

“Were there any CCTV cameras near where it happened?”

Sienna swallowed anxiously as she saw where Wendy’s train of thought was going. “I didn’t notice. I mean those things are everywhere. You think we were seen?”

“I think it’s possible but I’d have expected more reaction than this if you had.” Wendy frowned. “But it might be how the killers know where to look.” She frowned. “I’ll get Martin to look into it – he knows where all the cameras are that’s how we made sure no one could find our den that way."

“You trust him a lot, don’t you?” Sienna asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment