Tuesday 16 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty-Eight

“A strange miasma hanging over an unimportant town during a disaster that has hit much larger ones?” Martin said. “It might be, if not ignored, glossed over as unimportant. Especially since it says here that the place has a chemical works. Without what happened here they’d probably have assumed it came from there.”

“Ah, now that I can see.” Sienna narrowed her eyes. “I wonder…Martin, can you see if you can dig out any other cases of magenta fog that might have flown under the radar?”

“Already on it,” he said. “You think here wasn’t the first place it happened too?”

“Now I've seen this, I do,” she said.

“I thought so even before this,” he said. “I think it’s important.”

“Yes,” she said. “I want to see if we can find other places and if there’s any sort of pattern. If nothing else it might give us a clue as to how those men are finding their targets.”

“Good idea.” He turned back to his keyboard. “Though I doubt they are the ones responsible.”

“Be careful not to leave a search trail,” Wendy said. Martin gave her a wry grin.

“I know,” he said. “I’m already being cautious.”

“Good,” Wendy said. “So am I coming home tonight?”

Martin shook his head. “Probably best not to. for now. I think Helen said she was going to drop a bag over at Sienna’s place.”

“That’s nice,” Wendy said. “Hopefully we can have a more normal evening without murders or disasters. God knows we need it.”

“I certainly hope so,” Martin said.

No comments:

Post a Comment