Saturday 13 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty-Five

“Well, no. We're trying to turn you into a superhero not a supervillian.” Martin laughed. “You'll need a volunteer, like me. Try and make me do something.”

“Okay,” Sienna said hesitantly. “I’ll do my best.”

“Good,” he said. “Try to make me do something without speaking first. That way we’ll know it’s not just suggestion making me do it.”

“I wonder if that will work,” Sienna said. “I spoke when I made Charlotte get moving.”

“That just makes it a better experiment,” he said. “Come on then, make me do something.”

Sienna stared at him and willed him to pick up the glass of water next to him and empty the contents on the floor. After a moment she felt the click in her head again and he did just that. He stared at the puddle on the floor and then at her.

“Quite impressive, but I said not to say it aloud,” he said.

“I didn’t,” Sienna said.

“Really?” he said. “But I heard it quite distinctly.”

“She didn’t say a word, Martin,” Wendy said.

“Interesting,” he said. “We’ll want to test that some more but it seems like your mental control is some kind of broadcasting telepathy. I wonder if you can receive as well?”

Sienna had no idea about that, but she did know something that was bothering her. “How are you taking this so calmly? Shouldn't you be freaking out.”

He looked to one side. “Mum was sort of psychic,” he said finally. “Not like this, of course. Her ability wasn't strong enough or reliable enough to do anything with but she had occasional premonitions and she could sense other people's emotional state sometimes. Keith never believed it, but she could.”
He never called Keith father, he never had as long as Sienna had known him.

No comments:

Post a Comment