Friday 12 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty-Four

“That’s my job,” Martin said. “I think she’s mad too but I’m not letting her get arrested. I’ll monitor police activity while she’s out and help her avoid the cameras.”

“I see.” Sienna shook her head. “I really don’t know what to say.”

“Say that you’ll help,” Wendy said.

Sienna chewed on her lip unhappily. She wanted to say no. This was a really bad idea. If it weren’t for what had happened yesterday she would have said no, but those men were not going to leave her in peace, were they? Wendy was right someone had to do something about them..

“Maybe,” she said finally. “The police are either involved in this or ill-equipped to deal with it, but I’m not sure psychokinesis or a suit of junkyard armour constitute being equipped either.”

“I think it makes you better equipped then most,” Martin said thoughtfully. “Though I don’t think anyone is equipped for this. I will say that while I don’t know if becoming a superhero is a good idea you do have a gift here and you should use it for good somehow.”

“Hmm…” Sienna nodded. “That much is true, I suppose. I shouldn’t ignore it just because it scares me.” She took a breath. “Did Wendy tell you about the other thing I did, because I really need to get a handle on that as well.”

“She did,” he said. “And you do.”

“But I have no idea how I’d work on it. I can't exactly go around randomly controlling people for practice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment