Wednesday 17 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty-Nine

“I think I’ll give mum a call later,” Wendy added. “I want to be sure she’s not just shunting me out of the way so she can reconcile with Keith.”

“Not much chance of that,” he said. “Your gran's staying over.”

“Good,” she said. “But I’m still going to call her.”

“Oh, yeah, call her,” he agreed. “Just don’t worry so much. I think she’s finally seen through him.”

“I really hope so,” Wendy said. “I’m fed up of seeing mum all folded in on herself like that. Not to mention having to lie about who I am to please him.”

“No argument here,” he said. “I think Helen will be pleased to hear you’re going to become an engineer not a nurse.”

“I hope so,” Wendy said. “Not that she gets a say either. I just really want to get back to normal – well as normal as we can with half the town a disaster area and people with guns running around.”

“Not to mention superpowers,” he said. “Or wannabe superheroes.”

Wendy just smiled at that.

*

“We’re going to need some sort of scrambler so we can communicate without being monitored,” Martin said as he walked with Sienna and Wendy as they returned to Sienna’s home. “At least if you're serious.”

“I know,” Wendy said. “I have a couple of ideas for the system but you’ll need to do the coding.” She frowned thoughtfully. “And Sienna will need a costume, as well. Lucy already knows what happened so I think we’ll bring her on board for that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment