Wednesday 31 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Sixty-Three

“Not to the best of my knowledge,” she said.

“Glad to hear it,” he said. “Now what I think is this gas is being created by someone human and I’m not sure what they want. The powers maybe but given that no one except you has shown conscious powers yet that’s a hell of a lot of collateral damage. Even if there’s one or two a town and they are just keeping their heads down like you that’s still a hell of a lot of collateral damage. I do not like either of these groups.”

“Me neither,” Sienna said.

“Are the lung conditions reported as well,” Lucy asked.

He nodded. “They are.”

“Do the victims who survive make a full recovery?” she asked urgently.

“They seem to, at least the ones from the first incident have,” he said. “It does take a long time I’m afraid.” He looked down sadly. “Of course there’s not many survivors among those it effects that way. You were really lucky.”

“I know I was,” Lucy replied. “If Sienna hadn’t got that wheelchair, if I hadn’t got that oxygen for a few minutes at the Primary Care centre…” she trailed off. “I’m so glad I’m alive.”

There was a brief silence after that but then Wendy cleared her throat.

“So Luce wants to see my armour,” she said. “And then she’s doing the pattern fitting for Sienna’s costume.”

“Oh, I’ll stay in here then,” Martin said. “Give you some privacy. There’s a few more things I want to check anyway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment