Saturday 20 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Fifty-Two

“I’m sorry,” she said. “I know I shouldn’t laugh but only you could think that’s a good idea, Wendy.” She sagged backwards onto the bed. “Though suspect you’re right that Sienna will have to fight back against these gunmen at some point and she can’t do it as herself. Not safely anyway.”

“Or by herself,” Wendy said. “Will you design and make her a costume?”

“Of course I will,” Lucy said. “Who else would you ask.” She sat up again and grabbed some paper and a pencil from Sienna’s computer desk and began sketching. “Okay, one thing I am not going to do is make you dress like an acrobat. That’s the big problem with female superheroes in comics. They’re dressed like acrobats. So are the dudes for that matter but that’s not quite as bad – except who fights crime in costumes designed for performance artists?”

“I thought the trouble with female superhero costumes was that they sexed them up,” Sienna said.

“Yes, but that’s because they’re dressed like acrobats as much as anything,” Lucy said. “And having said that it does need to be distinctive and practical move in. A pretty problem” She hummed to herself. “And we don’t want to expose any skin or hair at all.”

“Why not?” Wendy said.

“Forensics,” Lucy said simply.

“Of course!” Wendy hit her forehead with the heel of her hand. “Damn! I should have thought of that. I’m going to have to make some modifications to my armor as well.”

“Sienna do you have some coloured pencils?” Lucy asked. “I need to show the colours I have in mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment