Monday 15 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty-Seven

“There’s been an earthquake in California,” her father said. “Which is not unexpected given that it’s California, but… well you’ll see when you check it.”

“Yes, I do,” Sienna said. Martin had turned the laptop so she and Wendy could see the video he'd found. It was being streamed from a helicopter flying over a town which was engulfed in the same magenta fog they had seen only two days earlier. “What the hell?”

“I don’t know,” her father said. “But the fact it’s sprung up after another disaster, even if it is a different one, suggests some sort of pattern. I don’t like it.”

“I don’t either,” she said. “What is going on?”


Her father didn't answer that. “Are you coming home soon, sweetpea?”

“Not just yet,” she said. “But soon. Tell mum I’m okay.”

“I will,” he said. “But don’t be too long. We're both fretting.”

“Okay, Dad,” she said before ending the call and looking at Martin and Wendy. “What the hell is this?”

“I don’t know,” Martin said. “But two very different disasters in different parts of the world closely followed by the same mysterious phenomenon? That's not a coincidence. I already thought that this fog wasn't natural but now I'm sure. How are they predicting the disasters?” He frowned at the text on the page. “And apparently only one of the towns hit by the earthquake is effected. This journalist thinks the place is small and unimportant enough that it might have gone unnoticed except for what happened here.”

Sienna frowned at the screen as well. “Really? It seems unlikely that people could miss something like that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment