Sunday 21 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Fifty-Three

“I think so,” Sienna said. She went to the cupboard began to search through a box of her old toys from when she was a child. “Ah here they are. They’re just cheap kids ones and I haven’t used them in years.” She tossed them to Lucy.

“They’ll do,” Lucy said. She pulled out a blue one and started shading. “Wendy, if you’re really going to do this could you design some sort of visor display thing for Sienna?”

“A Heads Up Display? Of course I can. My suit already has one I designed.”

“Great! I’ll make that part of the costume then.” Lucy sketched for another few minutes before passing the pad to Sienna. “What do you think?”

Sienna stared at the sketch. It was obviously quickly done but showed a girl of about Sienna’s build wearing blue trousers and a black and blue polo neck tunic that reached to her mid-thighs and black boots and long gloves. The lower half of her face was covered by a blue cloth mask while her eyes and the upper half of her face were concealed by what looked like ski goggles. The girl in the picture also had bobbed blue hair quite unlike Sienna’s.

“I thought you weren’t going to dress me as a performance artist,” she said. “Though it does look easy to move in.”

“It will be,” Lucy said. “And yes it is dramatic, but for what you intend to do it needs to be.”

“What’s with the hair?” Wendy asked. “I thought you were going to cover it?”

“It is covered,” Lucy replied. “That’s a wig.” She frowned thoughtfully. “But so far nothing about this conceals Sienna’s build.” She chewed on her lips. “A minimiser bra and shoulder pads maybe?”

No comments:

Post a Comment