Monday 8 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty

“It is,” he agreed. “But at least it means that if these people are finding their targets via the CCTV network they won’t know about you.”

“That’s a very minor comfort when people who want to kill you are out there,” Sienna said.

“I know,” he said. “But for now it’s all I’ve got.” He pulled aside a bright blue batik wall hanging to reveal another door. “But let’s go into the main lab and see if you're really psychokinetic.”

“I really hope that I can,” Sienna followed him and Wendy. "That way I might be able to hide it."

The second room was both larger and far starker than the first. There were a few hangings but no rugs and half of the floor was taken up by a robot fighting arena where the step-siblings obviously tested their creations. Sienna barely had time to take it in before Martin dragged her to a table and pushed a chair at her.

“Sit down and try to move these pieces of metal.” He dumped some small pieces of mangled metal that looked like pieces of destroyed robots on the table.

Sienna stared at the pieces of metal. “I’ll try,” she said hesitantly. “But I’m not sure how I did it before.”

“I don’t either,” he said. “But from what Wendy said you had some sort of control over it.”

“I seemed to,” Sienna admitted. “I just imagined him flying away from us and it happened.”

“Then try imagining them moving,” he suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment