Saturday 27 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Fifty-Nine

“How is she?” Sienna asked as she examined the fabric. Lucy was holding it over her arm to show her the drape.

“She’s doing okay.” Wendy looked around to check no one was in earshot. “She’s worried about the possibility that those men might attack you but she’s still scared as well. She’s not ready to see you yet though.”

“I can’t blame her,” Sienna said. “Not after I pushed her that way.” She turned her attention back to the cloth, feeling the soft weave between her fingers. It wasn’t quite the same blue as the dress she’d been admiring what seemed like an age ago now but beautifully vivid and had the right softness. Sienna nodded to herself. It was close enough. “I like that.”

“Good,” Lucy said. “And don’t mind Charlotte, she’s always been extremely nervous of anything different. Just give her time to get her head around what happened and she’ll be fine. Wendy and I will keep working on her.”

“Thanks,” Sienna said.

“No problem.” Lucy walked over and looked at some harder wearing fabrics. “Natural fibres I think to allow your skin to breathe so you don’t get too hot.” She selected a heavy, undyed cotton. “This looks good.

“It’s the wrong colour,” Wendy said.

“Oh, I’m going to dye it myself,” Lucy said. “Even if they had something the right colour – which they don’t – someone might remember us buying fabric that matched Indigo Shadow’s costume.”

“That’s a good point,” Wendy said.

“I know.” Lucy gave a smirk. “You’re not the only one who can think of operational security. And on that note I want to buy a bunch of other fabric as well to conceal this more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment