Tuesday 9 August 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Forty-One

“Okay.” Sienna stared at the metal again and decided to try and move a small piece – about the size of her thumb nail. She imagined putting her hand on it and dragging it towards her. It twitched and moved slightly but not much. What was she doing wrong? She frowned and tried to figure out what was missing. Could it be that when she had thrown that guy she had been stressed and afraid? She took a breathe and let all all anxiety about the current situation flow to the surface before trying again. This time the piece of metal screeched across the table towards her stopping just by the hand she had imagined moving it.

“Woah,” Martin said. “That is freaky, but it took you a while to get it moving.”

“I had to focus on how scared I am,” Sienna said.

“Stress,” he said. “I suppose that makes sense. It’s dangerous though, what if your powers activate unconsciously in a bad situation.”

“I don’t think that’s a problem,” Wendy said. “It didn’t happen yesterday.”

“True,” he said. “But I think we still need to be sure. I saw it on Youtube.” He looked a little ill at that. “They didn’t shoot that guy until the fireball. If they do find her she needs to be able to fool them that they’re mistaken.”

“Oooh! Good point.” Sienna said.

“It is,” Wendy said. “So first we’ll make sure of that then Sienna can start practising moving things without making herself anxious because that can’t be healthy.”

“I’ll be happy just to be sure it won’t happen again,” Sienna said. “I don’t know that I need to control it otherwise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment