Friday 28 October 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page One Hundred-and-Twelve

"Ah," Sienna said. "What should we do?"

"Have your dad bring you to the base for now," he said. "We'll figure out what to do from there."

"Okay," Sienna said. "Let me get my bearings." She looked out of the car window and tried to figure out where they were."

"Where are we going?" her father asked.

"It's an old abandoned factory near the railway tracks," Sienna said. "It's not too far from home."

"Hmm... There's a couple it could be. But I assume you'll know the way once we get nearby."

"Yeah," Sienna said. "I will. Can I take the mask off yet?"

"No!" Robert and Martin said simultaneously.

"Okay," Sienna said.

"Ring off now," Martin said. "We don't want to be traced. See you soon."

Sienna rang off and looked out of the car window. Someting had been bothering her since they had left James' carlot. "Dad, am I supposed to think it was a coincidence you happened to stop at a carlot where the owner is a Martial Arts trainer?"

Robert gave a chuckle. "It wasn't exactly a coincidence but it wasn't planned either. James is an aquaintance. I met him in Afganistan when I was there with Médecins Sans Frontières and he was in the Royal Marines. When your mother called me I realised I was near his place and thought he might help. I wasn't expecting him to offer to train you but it is a good idea if you're determined to do this."

"I see," Sienna said. "You're taking this well, dad."

"Somehow I have a superpowered daughter," he said clinically. "I think I'm in shock and as soon as the adrenalin wears off I'll pitch a fit."

No comments:

Post a Comment