Wednesday 26 October 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page One Hundred-and-Ten

"Don't worry," James said. "I'll never willingly tell anyone that you were here."

"But you're worried you could be forced to?" Robert asked.

"I'm tough. I have reason to know just how tough I am, but anyone can break." He shuddered suddenly. "I have reason to know that as well." He looked over at Sienna. "You stopped those men from shooting you, didn't you?" he asked.

"I did," she conceded.

"Do you think you could make me not able to talk about this?" he asked.

"I don't know," Sienna admitted. "I don't know how long an ongoing command would last and I don't like doing it anyway."

"Good!" he said. "You shouldn't like it, but it shouldn't present an ethical dillema if I volunteer should it."

He's telling the truth, Ryan said. He's afraid of being tortured into betraying you and wants you to make it impossible.

Sienna just humed non-commitedly and turned her attention to James question.

"I'm not sure it does remove the ethical dilemma completely," she said. "But right now I'm not seeing an altenative. Are you sure about this?"

"I am," he said.

"Okay." Sienna bit her lip in concentration. Don't tell anyone about us being here.

"Woah!" James rocked back on his heels and stared at her. "But it's good that you're thinking about ethics. But more importantly can you fight?"

"No," she admitted.

"So that's why you were avoiding conflict," he said. "It's a good plan but you won't always be able to."

"I know," she said. "I have a friend who does Mixed Martian Arts, He says that he'll help."

No comments:

Post a Comment