Sunday 2 October 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Ninety-Five

"It's new for anyone to be able to hear me too," Ryan said. "It must be a telepath thing. Do you really think you can help me?"

"I don't know," Sienna said. "But I know I can try." She reached out and touched his hand. "Will you let me--" She broke off as Ryan gave another shocked gasp and pulled her hand back. "Sorry, did you want me not to touch you?"

"No!" He grabbed her hand. "Quite the opposite. When you touched me the voices stopped. It's the first time since that day that I've had quiet in my head."

"And they came back when I removed me hand?"

He nodded. "I know you can't hold my hand forever but please hold it for a while." He gave a pathetically pleading look.

"Of course I will." Sienna's mind raced. Why would her touch block Ryan's telepathy? Martin was going to have a field day with this one. "I have a friend who has been helping me get control would you come with us to see if he can help you too?"

"A friend?" he asked.

"His name's Martin," Charlotte said. "He's Wendy's brother."

"The robot guy!" Ryan said. "He's cool. I'm not sure how he can help but I'll come and see him as long as Sienna will hang around long enough for me to get some sleep afterwards." His expression was conflicted like he was trying not to get his hopes up of escaping his situation.

"Of course," Sienna said. "You need to get out of your pyjamas so I'll have to let go of your hand."

Ryan nodded reluctantly.

Sienna looked over at Charlotte. "Why don't you find me those gloves while Ryan is getting dressed?"

No comments:

Post a Comment