Thursday 27 October 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page One Hundred-and-Eleven

"Hmm... MMA is a good sport but not the best for real world self-defence," James said. "Krav Maga might serve you better."

"And where would she learn those?" Robert said. "The authorities will be analysing her style and looking at places those are taught to try and find her."

"I could teach her." James gave a wry smile. "I am a licensed instructor. I'd like to help."

"We'll consider it," Robert said. "For now we need to get going. The police will still be looking for us."

James nodded and pushed a flyer into Sienna's hand. "You know where to find me. Good luck."

"Thank you," Sienna said as her father ushered her into the car. As they drove away she grabbed her phone again and called Martin.

"Martin, we're okay!" she said.

"Thank God!" he said. "We were watching. I had to stop Wendy suiting up and rushing over. It's not tested yet. How did you escape?"

"You aren't going to believe this," she said. "My dad came to get us. I have no idea how he recognised us."

"I knew you'd gone to Charlotte's," Robert said. "I was already on my way when your mother called and told me. She recognised your build and way of moving, and remembered the mask from last Halloween. I doubt anyone else would have."

"Ah!" Sienna said. "Did you hear that?"

"I did," Martin said. "I guess it was inevitable your parents would figure it out." He paused. "We're going to have to hide Ryan and Charlotte until things calm down. The police are looking for them because they think they'll know who you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment