Monday 31 October 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page One Hundred-and-Fourteen (catch up post 2/13)

"There's something else," Sienna said. "When I touch Ryan it blocks the telepathic noise he's been having issues with. I'm not sure what to make of that."

"And I can still hear people if I listen for them," Ryan said. "But we only hear each other if we try. It's almost like our mental abilities are mirror images." He rubbed his head. "And now she's not holding my hand the noise is back though it's not as bad here."

"More likely she's extending her own mental shield around you subconsciously," Martin said. "She must have put it up instinctively so doesn't know how to get past it. I bet you can teach each other. Shall we try?"

"First we need some ice for Sienna's shoulder," he father said. "And then I want to take a look at Ryan. At least I assume he's having neurological issues like the other targets seem to have been? I've got a couple of cases at the hospital - those people have avoided attacking there for now - and I've been looking in to how to help them."

"Have you found anything?" Martin asked.

"Well it was a fair bet that the mist was involved so I reached out to colleagues at hospitals near some of the other affected areas and found out they've had similar cases. They are nervous about talking about the poltergeist activity around said patients but they have found that adapting post-stroke rehabilitation therapy works to a degree."

"You researched this?" Martin looked alarmed. "They'll be able to track that."

Her father snorted. "I'm sure they know the men I'm treating are at the hospital and a neurologist looking for similar cases won't provoke comment."

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    There hasn't been an update in a while nor any announcement. Will you continue the webserial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a period of ill health whih interfered with updating and am currently in the process of moving the site. Once that is done I will be continuing.

      Delete