Monday 24 October 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page One Hundred-and-Nine (catch-up post #1/11)

"Huh." Sienna stared at the man. She should probably thank him but words wouldn't come out and she was pretty sure that she was bright red under the mask. "I... Thank you!" she managed finally.

"You can't tell anyone about this," Robert said as he pulled out his wallet.

"No need," the man said. "We'll just check it over and if it's okay, put the plates back on and put it back on sale."

Sienna blinked at that and looked over at the white car. It was indeed lacking number plates.

"That was Mr Hanson's idea," her father said. "When I pulled in and asked if I could borrow a car to go and help incognito he said yes and took the plates off. I hadn't even thought of that."

"Call me James, please," he said. "And I just didn't want the car traced back to me if possible."

"You could have said no," Robert said.

"No," he said. "I couldn't. Not when everyone else is doing everything they can."

"Thank you..." Sienna paused as heard her phone ringing from the bag Charlotte was holding. "I'd better get that." Charlotte tossed her the phone and she answered it. "Hello?"

"Sienna!" Martin said. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine but I can't talk right now. Give me five minutes and I'll call you back." She rang off and looked back at James. "Please don't tell anyone we were here." She knew that she could order him not to, but she still wasn't sure how persistant her orders were, and anyway it would be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment