Thursday 7 July 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Three

Wendy shook her head and scowled. “No, it’s me he’s watching. I know that prat. Last time I was here he stopped me and searched my bag. Seemed very disappointed when everything matched my receipt. I heard he did it to Munira just last week as well. I think he’s just racist.”

Charlotte made a hissing sound and made as if to turn around, probably intending to march over and yell at him but Wendy grabbed her wrist and shook her head.

“Please don’t,” she said softly. “You’ll just make it worse. Let’s just pay for our stuff and go to Costa like we said.”

Charlotte frowned at her for a moment but obviously took in the anxious way Wendy was looking at her and nodded. “Okay. But if he challenges us I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.” She popped the foundation she’d chosen into her basket before heading to the tills. Sienna gave the security guard one final long look, making it clear they’d seen him before following the others. He scowled at her before turning away to follow a young Muslim woman in a brightly coloured hijab into the dental hygiene section. Sienna paid for her lipstick and they headed out of the store into the street again.

“It’s such a nice day let’s sit outside,” Wendy said when they reached the Costa Coffee across the street.

“Great idea,” Charlotte flopped into one of the seats just outside the door and pulled out a ten pound note. “I’ll guard the table. Get me a Tuna Melt Panini and a medium skinny latte please.”

No comments:

Post a Comment