Tuesday 19 July 2016

Indigo Shadow: Page Nineteen

When she finished Wendy frowned.

“It sounds like you controlled it when you threw him,” she said. “So you need more practice.”

“And where can I practice?” Sienna asked. “I can’t tell my parents about this they’ll think I’m mad.”

“I know somewhere,” Wendy said confidently. “I’ll show you up tomorrow afternoon. For now let’s keep Lucy company until her parents arrive. I hope they remembered to call our parents with the shooting starting just when they were taking our addresses. I’ll go and check with one of the nurses.” She slipped out of the cubicle leaving Charlotte and Sienna standing there with Lucy.

“So,” Charlotte said awkwardly. “What do you think happened to you?”

“I really don’t know,” Sienna said. “Obviously it was related to the headache but…” she trailed off.

“Yeah,” Charlotte looked at her feet. “I’m scared of you right now. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be,” Sienna said. “I’m scared of me right now. I don’t understand how Wendy is so calm.”

“She’s bluffing,” Lucy said. “She’s absolutely terrified. She only stops waving her hands about when she’s scared. But you know Wendy she’s too curious to let fear get in the way.”

“I guess,” Sienna said then broke off as she heard several sets of footsteps approaching. A moment later Wendy pushed back the curtains and came in with Lucy’s parents who immediately rushed to their daughter’s bedside.

“Our parents are on their way as well,” Wendy said. “Let’s leave Luce to reassure her parents and go and meet them.”

---

End of Chapter One
If you are enjoying Tales of the First please consider leaving a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment